If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support MyFordFreestyle.com!

Ac condenser interchange

Ruthless05 Freestyle

Ac condenser interchange

Post by Ruthless05 Freestyle » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:46 am

What years and makes and models of fords are the Ac condensers able to be swapped. I have 05 freestyle and bearing is shot on Ac condenser. Don't wanna spend $300 on new one. What years can I swap with. Plz let me know anyone that has any info

RVAFreestyle

Re: Ac condenser interchange

Post by RVAFreestyle » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:03 am

I believe you mean Ac Compressor and not Condense. The condenser is just a finned heat exchanger and has no moving parts.

Look up your donor car and the car you need the part for on rock auto and compare part numbers. If they aren't the same and don't interchange to the same number than the part is different
ASE Master Tech L1, X1, A9
ASE Master Collision Repair Technician
ASE Parts & Collision Estimator Certified

2010 Expedition, 2005 Freestyle, 1999 Explorer Sport, 1997 Mustang GT

brijack515

Re: Ac condenser interchange

Post by brijack515 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:05 pm

Just replaced my AC Compressor last week. Old unit had leaky seal and lost freon over course of the summer. New unit cost $225 which included the Compressor, Drier, Front Expansion Valve, Pint of Oil and Gasket Kit. Compressor comes with a one year warranty.

I traded my electrical skills for AC replacement labor and think I made out the better of the deal. The four mounting bolts were a bear to remove and it took about 9 total hours to complete.

I'm looking at keeping my '05 FS for at least two years. Only has 84,000 miles and is in super condition. This is also my third FS.