If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support MyFordFreestyle.com!

after market in dash gps radio installation

barryD

after market in dash gps radio installation

Post by barryD » Thu May 21, 2015 7:30 pm

hi all. First time posting here so hopefully somennoe can shed some light for me.
I have the 2005 freestyle limited
I recently have changed the original 6 stack in dash radio for an aftermarket ford GEE-2865 in dash multi-media unit.

Pretty much all works except i have an issue with the wiring for park and brake colours. My main issue is that when I play a dvd in the rear overhead unit, the dvd will play on the wireless headset giving me audio but nothing on the screen. No video at all...

On the original unit when kids put in a dvd it would play audio through the speakers and the wireless headsets.( we would simply turn down the volume on the main console. but now we can play a dvd on the new in dash unit audio through the speakers and kids can play a dvd in the rear and get audio but no video.

When i refit the original unit to proof, the video worked as normal. I know that the power for video is routed in and out between the bigger two of the three jacks/connections on the rear of the original unit.
Any ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Its a simple case of connecting/ splicing in a wire or two. ( i still need to do park, brake and gound for safety ) i just dont know which ones to connect together.

Thank for any help on this
Barry

gramps50

Re: after market in dash gps radio installation

Post by gramps50 » Thu May 21, 2015 7:52 pm

From reading many post on this forum about different issues, I want to say it has something do do with Can, the new radio might need the vin entered for your Fs.
Gramps
The Twins
Goldie - 06 Freestyle SEL FWD
Silver Fox - 06 Freestyle SEL AWD

barryD

Post by barryD » Thu May 21, 2015 8:10 pm

hi gramps50. Thanks for you reply but Ill be honest i have no idea what you mean in your reply about Can and vin for Fs

InCoGnIt0

Post by InCoGnIt0 » Fri May 22, 2015 5:29 pm

Yeah I do not understand what this is ====> " something do do with Can " but the other part " vin entered for your Fs " he is talking about the vin number of the Freestyle.
Black 2005 Ford Freestyle Limited AWD

brian.wedding

Post by brian.wedding » Fri May 22, 2015 5:58 pm

When I installed a in dash gps DVD player I had to bypass the parking brake safety wire. This way you could play DVDs and the gps while driving

gramps50

Post by gramps50 » Sun May 24, 2015 3:53 pm

Gramps
The Twins
Goldie - 06 Freestyle SEL FWD
Silver Fox - 06 Freestyle SEL AWD