If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support MyFordFreestyle.com!

PILOT AUTOMOTIVE LED TURN SIGNAL/BRAKE LIGHT BULBS

brijack515

PILOT AUTOMOTIVE LED TURN SIGNAL/BRAKE LIGHT BULBS

Post by brijack515 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:54 pm

Hello all.

I recently decided to take the plunge and convert my FS to LED Brake and Turn signal bulbs. I found them at Walmart for $18/pair and made the purchase. I installed them and was extremely disappointed in their performance. With all four bulbs in, I began testing. Left signal: one blink then rapid flash, right signal, one flash then rapid flash. Checked again, left: all four rapid flash and the same began happening with the right signal. Four ways worked properly and stop light worked fine. Took them out and reinstalled the original Sylvania bulbs and all worked properly.

Called Pilot the next day and they said there probably was a failure within the bulbs at the point of manufacture. I returned the bulbs to Walmart and was surprised that Pilot sent me a full set to replace the originals.

Well, installed thes replacements and the same result. I hate screwing around and didn't hesitate to put the regular bulbs back in. Gave the LED's to my son in law to play with in one of his cars.

Do not feel like going back and forth unless there is something that doesn't require rewiring or screwing around with the factory wires. So, until someone comes out with direct plun n play led bulbs, I'll stick with the stock bulbs.

Fat Steve

Re: PILOT AUTOMOTIVE LED TURN SIGNAL/BRAKE LIGHT BULBS

Post by Fat Steve » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:13 am

You need good LED's, not Wal-Mart or auto store shelf LED's, those are garbage. Try superbrightleds.com, autoillumination.com or dynamicdiodes.com
Steve
05 Freestyle
03 Mustang GT