If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support MyFordFreestyle.com!

Good deal on news sneakers, tires that is...

nburd

Good deal on news sneakers, tires that is...

Post by nburd » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:25 pm

Been shopping for tires. Based on dollar per mileage warranty (65,000) the best buy was the Bridgestone Ecopia 422 from walmart. Now with a $70. Rebate through 4/30. Anyway 4 mounted and lifetime balance for just over $510 out the door. With rebate, $440. Anyway, cost per warranty mile is $.00147. That's the least expensive I have seen for name brand tires in the wonderful 17" size.

Anyway, after having the original continentals nearly gone at 33k, losing a few fillings, but wear evenly and the horrible Goodyear Integritys wear perfectly even to the wearbars at about 30k miles, these are refreshing. The Goodyears were very noisy from day 1 and I could never keep a good balance, even after a road force. After 20k miles, the GYs were deafening too and had a pleasant thump thump thump indicating a belt issue. But it's the wife's car, so I did not have to listen to it much.

The Ecopias are no sports car tire, but they are very quiet and provide a very smooth almost cushy ride. So far the balance is perfect up to 70 mph. Also, they have a 30 day test drive if not happy.

I must say I am completely happy with them.

They smooth out the stiff, but competent ride of the freestyle and silence is golden. We're taking the FS on a 500 mile camping trip this weekend with 5 of us plus gear, to break in the new tranny bearing and the new sneakers.

It should be an enjoyable experience and I must say my FS drives like the day I bought it with 15k on it 5 years ago except for.......

It's kind of funny, now that the studded snows are off and I can stop wearing earplugs, it's getting close to new rear brakes time. Another project I guess.

...Norm
Norm
2007 Freestyle SEL
2013 Ram 1500 5.7 Express Quad
2000 Corvette Convertible

cox1371

Re: Good deal on news sneakers, tires that is...

Post by cox1371 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:01 pm

Any update on the tires now? I was thinking about getting 4 from Costco for about $410 before tax.