If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support MyFordFreestyle.com!

Freestyle vs Escape??

insaniac

Freestyle vs Escape??

Post by insaniac » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:19 pm

Hello

My wife may be getting a new full time job, so we'll be in the market for a second vehicle. We've been considering the Escape for a long time, but I got the chance to drive a Freestyle at the 'Ford Innovation Drive' event and I was really impressed!

Did any of you consider an Escape as an alternate to the Freestyle? Why did you pick the Freestyle?

Also, my biggest concern is the 'first year kinks' issue with most new vehicles. What are the chances of getting a bad one (in January or February)? How willing has Ford been in the past to fix these problems if they occur and there is no formal recall?

Thanks!
Alex

subarktika

Re: Freestyle vs Escape

Post by subarktika » Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:41 pm

I have been comparing the Escape and Freestyle. We bought an Escape when our daughter was about to get her learner's permit. I drive an Excursion and my husband drives a F250 Crew Cab, so wanted something smaller for her to learn to drive. The Freestyle seats 6 or 7 whereas the Escape seats only 5. The Escape has more front headroom and more front legroom, but less 2nd seat legroom and of course less cargo length behind the 2nd seat. The Escape has more vertical cargo space and also a larger rear hatch opening. I like the way the rear seats fold down in the Escape. I am planning to get rid of the Excursion when my daughter goes to college and had planned on driving the Escape. For awhile we were considering trading in the Excursion on a Freestyle this fall or perhaps 2004 Explorer since they are so heavily discounted right now. In that case we would sell the Escape when our daughter goes off to college. I hated the thought of selling the Escape because I really enjoy driving it. The only thing I don't like about the Escape is I feel the seats are uncomfortable, but it has cloth seats and I'm sure leather seats would be more comfortable.