If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support MyFordFreestyle.com!

Room for the Taurus X here?

NorseaBlue

Room for the Taurus X here?

Post by NorseaBlue » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:12 am

Mr. Webmaster,

At the myford500 website, there is an area that is devoted solely to the new Taurus. It's already getting considerable "traffic", if you'll pardon the pun. Now that the Taurus X is starting to come off the production line (see image), will you be devoting an area of this website to the improved version of the Freestyle?

Last edited by NorseaBlue on Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
'05 SEL Norsea Blue/Shale Leather
Frt. Row Comfort/Aux Climate/50/50 3rd row

andysinnh

Re: Room for the Taurus X here?

Post by andysinnh » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:16 pm

NorseaBlue wrote:Mr. Administrator,

At the myford500 website, there is an area that is devoted solely to the new Taurus. It's already getting considerable "traffic", if you'll pardon the pun. Now that the Taurus X is starting to come off the production line, will you be devoting an area of this website to the improved version of the Freestyle?
Personally, I'd just refer to it as a second generation Freestyle and just leave it here. After all, that's what it is!!! 8)

Over on the Accord and Pilot sites, that's what they do over there...

andy
A "Ford" and 3 "Honda" Family in NH

04 Mazda Tribute LX AWD 107k miles
12 Acura TL SH-AWD 5k miles
12 Honda Civic LX Coupe 5k miles (son's)
13 Acura MDX SH-AWD 1k miles

Previous - 07 Ford Freestyle Limited AWD 68k miles (traded)

T.Scott

Post by T.Scott » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:47 pm

I agree. It's a Freestyle with a new name, powertrain and a few other redesigns and features.

Perhaps the site will need a new name like My Ford Freestyle/TaurusX

AZ Freestylin'

Post by AZ Freestylin' » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:37 pm

Looks like the owner of this site already has www.myfordtaurus.com. Although www.www.myfordtaurusx.com isn't available.
Peter

05' SEL Norsea Blue / Light Gunmetal / Shale Cloth / FWD / DVD / Moonroof / Remote Starter and other cool things.

T.Scott

Post by T.Scott » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:40 am

AZ Freestylin' wrote:Looks like the owner of this site already has www.myfordtaurus.com. Although www.www.myfordtaurusx.com isn't available.
How about www.myfordcrossover.com

AZ Freestylin'

Post by AZ Freestylin' » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:57 am

T.Scott wrote:
AZ Freestylin' wrote:Looks like the owner of this site already has www.myfordtaurus.com. Although www.www.myfordtaurusx.com isn't available.
How about www.myfordcrossover.com
Already taken.
Peter

05' SEL Norsea Blue / Light Gunmetal / Shale Cloth / FWD / DVD / Moonroof / Remote Starter and other cool things.

NorseaBlue

Post by NorseaBlue » Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:08 pm

Hmmmn.. Didn't mean to suggest the creation of a new website elsewhere. What I'm asking the webmaster is whether or not he/she will be devoting a topic area on the Forums page to the Taurus X. Given it's substantial differences over the Freestyle, it should get it's own area. Webmaster.. are you out there?

Hammerhead

Post by Hammerhead » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:51 am

If we leave the Freestyle site for freestyles then over time there will be fewer people posting but there post will be more relevant.

I did not buy a Taurus X and I don‘t really care how smooth the six sped tranny shifts or what tsb’s are out on it. I am not concerned that the extra HP is eating tires or making the front end pull more under hard acceleration, fuel economy (or lack of) etc.

I would rather have fewer people posting but have more in common with them.

Just my thoughts.

tim156

Keep the Freestyle Forum a Freestyle Forum

Post by tim156 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:00 pm

I think there should be another forum created solely for the Taurus X. I don't want this excellent Freestyle forum website to turn into an argument over which car is better. If I'm curious about what folks are writing about their X's, I'll visit that site. There is another Freestyle forum out there that merged several topics and it's not even worth reading any more. Other than brake issues, there hasn't been a significant question, comment or conversational post about the Freestyle for months. I don't believe that all the posters suddenly sold their Freestyles, I believe they also became fed up with the tone of discussion. This forum is about the Freestyle, lets keep it that way.

2007 SEL Silver Birch Metallic
Convenience Group
Power Package
Moonroof
60/40
50/50

NorseaBlue

Post by NorseaBlue » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:27 pm

"I don't want this excellent Freestyle forum website to turn into an argument over which car is better."

You will likely get that argument anyway. What I'm suggesting is a separate topic area for those interested in the "X" model only. (Accent on the word separate.) If you're a Freestyle owner that doesn't care about the new version, you simply never "click" on the topic. Easy enough guys?

The two vehicles will always share enough in common that the input of Taurus X owners would, I feel, benefit us all. It will also bring new members.

Webmaster
Site Admin

Post by Webmaster » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:01 pm

Hi guys, I just saw this thread. Yes, I'll create a Taurus X forum right now to complement the existing forums. They're 99% the same vehicle anyway ;-)