If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support MyFordFreestyle.com!

Forums upgraded... new look, new features...

FordTaurus

Re: Forums upgraded... new look, new features...

Post by FordTaurus » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:25 am

Nice new look forum!

But the "SEARCH" function is not working well as before! How does the search work?

Webmaster
Site Admin

Post by Webmaster » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:27 am

FordTaurus wrote:Nice new look forum!

But the "SEARCH" function is not working well as before! How does the search work?
I have rebuilt the search index, let me know if it's any better.

FordTaurus

Post by FordTaurus » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:15 am

It is working now! From now on, people who have concerns with their Freestyles can search easily in this forum for solutions!

concreteguy

Post by concreteguy » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:28 pm

That's good news...Thanks...

concreteguy

Post by concreteguy » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:30 pm

Hey where did all my posts go ??????? I'm not new here...

BlueStyleLTD

Post by BlueStyleLTD » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:34 pm

It is taking alot of getting used to ... I feel like I just came home from vacation and someone remodeled my home without my knowledge. Guess I will eventually get used to it. Why still no means to report bad posts (ie. spammers, etc.)? Most boards have that feature. Looks like my signature and pic is gone as well.

concreteguy

Post by concreteguy » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:49 pm

That's what just happened to me...Now there is a very old picture and the picture of my freestyle is gone...168 posts are toast it would seem...My sign off is gone as well...

BlueStyleLTD

Post by BlueStyleLTD » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:57 am

concreteguy wrote:That's what just happened to me...Now there is a very old picture and the picture of my freestyle is gone...168 posts are toast it would seem...My sign off is gone as well...
My signature and my profile are still current ... but it looks like the signature feature no longer works. Looks like the QUOTE FEATURE ^^^^ isn't working properly either.
Last edited by BlueStyleLTD on Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Webmaster
Site Admin

Post by Webmaster » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:56 pm

BlueStyleLTD, regarding the quote problem. Be sure the checkbox "Disable BBCode" is left unchecked when posting. The quote feature uses BBCode, so if it's disabled it will look like your post.

Also, regarding the signature. I see a sig in your profile. Check your "User Control Panel" for the sig settings. Again, when you're posting be sure to check the "Attach a signature" checkbox.

Webmaster
Site Admin

Post by Webmaster » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:59 pm

concreteguy wrote:That's what just happened to me...Now there is a very old picture and the picture of my freestyle is gone...168 posts are toast it would seem...My sign off is gone as well...
That is very odd. I have no explanations for the old/missing pictures. The missing posts is a doozey (sp?). I'll see what I can find out. It says you have one post even though you've already made at least 3 posts since the upgrade.

Webmaster
Site Admin

Post by Webmaster » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:01 pm

BlueStyleLTD wrote:...Why still no means to report bad posts (ie. spammers, etc.)? Most boards have that feature. Looks like my signature and pic is gone as well.
Yes, you can report bad posts. Each post has a little exclamation mark icon at the bottom right corner. Yeah, I know it's not in the most obvious spot!

This is what it looks like: Image <---- Click it to report a post.

Webmaster
Site Admin

Post by Webmaster » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:19 pm

concreteguy wrote:Hey where did all my posts go ??????? I'm not new here...
Try posting again. I changed your post count from 1 to 2. I'm hoping it will increment automatically now... we'll see.

BlueStyleLTD

Post by BlueStyleLTD » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:15 pm

Webmaster wrote:BlueStyleLTD, regarding the quote problem. Be sure the checkbox "Disable BBCode" is left unchecked when posting. The quote feature uses BBCode, so if it's disabled it will look like your post.

Also, regarding the signature. I see a sig in your profile. Check your "User Control Panel" for the sig settings. Again, when you're posting be sure to check the "Attach a signature" checkbox.
Boxes were Unchecked in my profile .... and are unchecked below. Attach Signature is checked. Let's see if this works. Taa Daa .... yes, it does.

Options
BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[flash] is OFF
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON
BlueStyleLTD
2006 FWD Limited with the works
Dark Blue Pearl with Black Interior
Adopted 14 January 2006

Webmaster
Site Admin

Post by Webmaster » Thu May 01, 2008 5:15 pm

I'm confused.

You have 168 posts at FordTaurus.net: http://www.fordtaurus.net/forums/member ... file&u=185 Is there any chance that's what you're thinking of?

You also have another username here, Lansing. With that account you have 7 posts. That account is active: http://www.myfordfreestyle.com/forums/m ... ile&u=1616

Let me know if you need help getting into your Lansing account.