If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support MyFordFreestyle.com!

Driver side mirror returns to default position ...

Rich73Kelly

Driver side mirror returns to default position ...

Post by Rich73Kelly » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:01 am

I will also be posting this in the "Exterior" forum as well as it is believed to be "Electronic" related but, on the exterior of the car.
We recently purchased an '07 Freestyle. I adjust the outside mirrors to where I need them to be, only to come back later and find them back to, what I am assuming is either the Default position or, where the previous owner had them set. This is more noticeable with the drivers side as it comes most of the way in and up some. I took the time to look in the Owners Manual. all I find there is to turn the switch off (center position) to store the preferred setting. This is not working. Any sensible suggestion to correct this will be appreciated.

jas88

Re: Driver side mirror returns to default position ...

Post by jas88 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:49 am

Is yours a Limited? It might have a memory setting that is tied to your key fob. We had an Expedition once that had memory seats, and the mirrors were in on that gig. When I used my key fob, it would set the seats and mirrors to my setting, and then it would go back to my wife's setting when she used her key fob.
2006 SE Silver w/Slate cloth

Rich73Kelly

Post by Rich73Kelly » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:26 pm

jas88 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:49 am
Is yours a Limited? It might have a memory setting that is tied to your key fob. We had an Expedition once that had memory seats, and the mirrors were in on that gig. When I used my key fob, it would set the seats and mirrors to my setting, and then it would go back to my wife's setting when she used her key fob.
Yes, ours is the Limited. Today, I tried a different FOB (we got four of them with it.) to test your theory. And yes, this does seem to be the issue because, this time, not only was the mirror moved but, the seat was all the way up as well.
Now, my question is this .... how do I re-program the FOB's/memory to my preferences as, I am the sole driver. ??

mmsstar

Post by mmsstar » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:12 pm

From the manual
Memory seats/power mirrors/adjustable pedals (if equipped)
The remote entry system can also control the memory seat /power mirrors/adjustable pedals feature.
Press to automatically move the seat, mirrors and adjustable pedals to the desired memory position (the positions correspond to the transmitter being used). Note: You can associate a specific remote entry transmitter to each memory position. For more information on programming the transmitters to Driver 1 and Driver 2 memory positions respectively, refer to How to reprogram your remote entry transmitters later in this chapter.
Activating the memory seat feature
To activate this feature:
1. Position the seat, mirrors and adjustable pedals to the position desired.
2. Press the SET control on the driver’s door panel.
3. Within 5 five seconds, press the 1 or 2 control on the driver’s door panel to which you would like to associate with the seat, mirrors and adjustable pedals and Driver 1 or Driver 2 positions.
4. Repeat this procedure for the other Driver position if desired.
Drove an 06 LTD FWD from July 08 to August 10, moved on to a 2011 Flex

Rich73Kelly

Post by Rich73Kelly » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:19 am

Thank you, mm5star. I did get a manual with the vehicle. I will see if I can locate these instructions to follow in vehicle.

Rich73Kelly

Post by Rich73Kelly » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:34 am

I did locate these instructions in my manual ... I have tried several times to re-program my main FOB. To no avail, it still moves everything to the previous owners positions. I have no clue what I am doing wrong.

jas88

Post by jas88 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:20 am

Have you reprogrammed the "1" button on the door to your preferred settings? You have to do that first, and then the fob you program into memory first will be assigned to button #1, and the second fob you program will be assigned to button #2. The fob does not know the seat/mirror settings, the seat memory does.

Rich73Kelly

Post by Rich73Kelly » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:43 am

That is kinda what I meant ... I've set all where I am comfortable and press Set and then 1 within the suggested 5 seconds. Should this be done with engine off or on? Key off or on? While driving? I have tried all. There just seems to be a simple step I am missing or doing wrong.

jas88

Post by jas88 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:46 am

It doesn't matter where the key is. Have you tried to program button #2? Perhaps #1 is on the fritz?

Rich73Kelly

Post by Rich73Kelly » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:27 am

No, I have not. Only 1.

jas88

Post by jas88 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:02 pm

Well that would be what I would do next.

fuxxy

Post by fuxxy » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:31 pm

Keep in mind that the Freestyle came with two keyfobs. Each keyfob is paired to a different number on the door. There is no way to know which is which, except to set an extreme seat location on each number, and see what setting is activated when the keyfob is operated.