If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support MyFordFreestyle.com!

MP3 on my audiophile system is awesome!

sharpcolorado

MP3 on my audiophile system is awesome!

Post by sharpcolorado » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:04 am

I love how the audiophile radio on my 2005 Freestyle plays MP3 and also shows the track names, artists, and albums from the ID3 database.

AZ Freestylin'

Post by AZ Freestylin' » Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:30 am

This is the first vehicle that I have owned that has a mp3 player and now I wonder why I waited so long. Been using mp3's at home for a while for my home theater/network.

-Peter
Peter

05' SEL Norsea Blue / Light Gunmetal / Shale Cloth / FWD / DVD / Moonroof / Remote Starter and other cool things.

Bruin

Post by Bruin » Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:35 pm

I need a quite education.
MP3 is that the way PCs store music on CD roms and Ipods?

AZ Freestylin'

Post by AZ Freestylin' » Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:11 pm

Bruin wrote:I need a quite education.
MP3 is that the way PCs store music on CD roms and Ipods?
Hi,

Here is a good start explaining mp3..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mp3

What I personally have done is use Microsoft's Window Media Player 10 and "ripped" my cd's and converted them to mp3 format. I then took the mp3 music files and burned a cd with the newly ripped mp3's. The result is a cd that has over 10 times the music on it and the quality is basically the same. Like sharpcolorado had mentioned, it shows the information of the folders, tracks, etc.

Others might use other programs to rip their music. I'm sure they will let you know thier personal favorites.

Enjoy!

-Peter
Peter

05' SEL Norsea Blue / Light Gunmetal / Shale Cloth / FWD / DVD / Moonroof / Remote Starter and other cool things.