If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support MyFordFreestyle.com!

Aux questions. Did search, no luck

Bytem3

Aux questions. Did search, no luck

Post by Bytem3 » Tue May 23, 2017 9:50 pm

Hello world, newish owner of an 06 limited.
Fair vehicle so far just a bit of adjustment to the sluggishness.
Either way that's not why I'm here, I'm curious about the aux jack on the built in dvd. Trying to find either a 3/2 to 1 aux jack, and if so do I need to keep the screen running if I just want to play music?

Not trying to noob, I tried searching but no luck in finding what I was looking for. Any help would be appreciated. ✌

dmckmc

Re: Aux questions. Did search, no luck

Post by dmckmc » Wed May 24, 2017 10:35 am

We successfully used an adapter with an RCA (red/white) plug on one end and 1/8" headphone jack on the other end. RCA to the dvd aux and 1/8"jack to the cell phone or ipod. Radio set to aux and the music is there. Small quirk, we do need to keep a dvd in the player for the system to recognize the aux setting.

As far as sluggish, keep your throttle body clean and get in the habit of stomping the pedal as needed to make it move. We find from a stop - slow and clumsy. Once moving - responsive and powerful

Thrusty

Post by Thrusty » Wed May 24, 2017 5:38 pm

I as well use a red/white RCA jack to 1/8" mini plug. I just push "aux" on the head unit and I'm good to go. I dont keep a DVD in the player nor does the screen come on, nor do I fold it out.

Bytem3

Post by Bytem3 » Fri May 26, 2017 5:50 pm

dmckmc wrote:We successfully used an adapter with an RCA (red/white) plug on...
Good heads up on the throttle body, and yes once it gets up she cruises great. We frequently go back and forth from St Louis and I often find myself easily at 100 with room to grow.

Appreciate both of your recommendations on the cables. Picked some up the other day at good ol wally world but they are too big.