If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support MyFordFreestyle.com!

Power door lock issue

wxholt

Power door lock issue

Post by wxholt » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:57 pm

Hello, I've searched several possabilities looking for resolution to this issue but haven't found anything yet. My door lock/unlock swithes are not functioning properly. The driver door switch does nothing while the passenger switch will unlock only. I have looked at the fuse, and also tried the power door lock "lock/unlock inhibit feature" with negative results. When i tried to change the auto-lock feature it won't enter the "programming mode". The horn never chirps which i guess is the tell tell sign that your in that mode. The strange thing is that the keyless remote still locks and unlocks everything just fine, so i know the mechanism's are getting power and functional. Is there another not so obvious fuse that ties into the lock control somewhere that im missing??? I've checked F3,F15,and C1 all on the SJB. Thats all i see that ties into that system, I thought this was going to be an easy fix but its kinda kicking my butt. Please help
2006 Freestyle 85Kmiles

pwschuh

Re: Power door lock issue

Post by pwschuh » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:13 am

Break in the wiring harness, perhaps where it passes into the driver's door (and/or passenger door)?
2008 TX Limited
Silver Birch Metallic/Black leather
WeatherTech floormats all rows
Bought used on 17 Nov 10 with 20,000 miles

wxholt

Post by wxholt » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:11 pm

Ok since ive last been on here ive checked a few other things. I've checked voltage to/thru the fuse box, as well as at the door switch. I also checked to make sure both switches had a good ground and they do. So both switches are getting power but there not actuating the locks, my wife's keyless entry is still the only thing that will unlock the locks. Oh the auto lock feature still functions fine as well. The only switch that does anything when you hit it is the passenger side unlock button. I can hear what im assuming is a relay click when its pressed. It sounds like the relay is in the fuse box at driver's feet. I don't have any manuals for this vehicle yet, I could really use some assistance from someone that could look at a wiring diagram or take a pic and send it to me. :D As always any help would be much appreciated. Thanks for the door harness idea by the way!

rtg143

Post by rtg143 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:36 pm

Here's access to the door lock diagrams. http://www.autozone.com/autozone/repair ... 3f8075c6cc
Bert
2008 Taurus X Limited
2002 F150 XLT

wxholt

Post by wxholt » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:37 pm

Thanks for the info!!! I use Autozone all the time and never knew that resource was there. I'm a member now! Very helpful information on there. I'm going to put it to use as soon as hurricane Sandy is done kicking our butt over here on the east coast.

Mozeltovcocktail

Post by Mozeltovcocktail » Thu May 18, 2017 10:43 pm

Hello I am sure you have resolved the issue by now but I figured I would post the part number for the lock switch in case someone needs to replace it like I do.

Front Left
5F9T-14963-AF3JA6

The parts can be found on rockauto.com but they are a bit expensive there. I ended up buying one on ebay for $9.99. Hope this helps.