Replace 2nd row buckets for bench seat

Re: Replace 2nd row buckets for bench seat

Post by knowitall » Sat May 23, 2015 11:45 am

Paul wrote:knowitall: A late answer to your question about the repair cost for a 2nd row seat mechanism failure, on our 2009 TX. (I haven't been on this site in quite sometime) Unfortunately the $1600+ cost at a dealer is correct. The main mechanism alone was $700 Canadian funds. And yes, I was astounded! Even the service rep was embarrased about the bill.. But in my area, finding a used mechanism or seat was a long shot. I didn't get an estimate first, so was stuck. Like I stated earlier, the one lever mechanisms are somewhat delicate apparently & it's likely that a prevous owner was rough on it. They had a dog in the back regulary apparently. The failure occurred shortly after we bought the car. My Wife was livid when I returned from the dealer, but what could I do? Other than to write to Ford & that likely would have been futile.. Otherwise the car has been quite good, although the mileage at this point is quite low. Just under 100,000 Km (about 60,000 miles) The only other problems of note is that the front edge of the hood has slightly bubbled paint & I have noted some moderate oil consumption.
I guess you are really at the mercy of shipping costs being in Canada.

Looking on Ebay I found a complete leather set of Freestyle seats for $620 free shipping and just the 2nd row of seats for $350 to anywhere in the U.S.

Post by jpz » Sun May 31, 2015 6:33 pm

I just picked up a leather bench for our 2005 for $220 from a local yard. Installed the 60 side the other day. I decided to keep the original bucket seat on 40 side, because dimensionally it is exactly the same size. The only difference is the bucket seat moves forward and backward, where the 60/40 bench seat is fixed in position for both seats. I thought this was odd. We just recently had our 4th child, so that puts us at 6 people which was capacity for our car. Our oldest (11) would at times want to bring a friend someplace, and we either had to say no or take two cars.

So far so good with the bench seat. I lubricated the mechanism, and made sure everything was working well before installing it.

Post by brianlebeau » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:00 pm

I'm looking for a grey cloth bench for a Taurus X, will buy it or trade someone my 2nd row buckets for it, I'm located in NC. Text me at 336-327-7206

Post by nboot8 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:09 am

Looking for 2nd row bench seat. Please call me at 830-221-8480.

Prefer, but not necessary:
Grey cloth

Post by mmsstar » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:28 am

Lots of Freestyles in recycling yards in Michigan. Try to find one that works good.
Drove an 06 LTD FWD from July 08 to August 10, moved on to a 2011 Flex

Post by JimMc » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:32 pm

I just acquired a gray bench seat to replace my 2nd row black buckets. I'm looking for black seat covers. There are some on eBay. Any recommendations?