If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support MyFordFreestyle.com!

auto door lock question

ejkanter

auto door lock question

Post by ejkanter » Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:39 am

I just picked up a SEL model last week.
One question on the auto door locks that doesn't seem to addressed in the manual.
Is there a way to program the locks to open all the doors when you put it in park.
It seems in the manual at least you can only have it unlock the front doors or turn off the auto locks all together.
It's just pain to have to unlock the rear door to get the kids out.
Thanks,
Erick

Indybell

Post by Indybell » Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:48 pm

I agree that it's a pain and couldn't find any solution in the manual. Still can't. Might be a Ford "safety" feature since it eliminates anyone jumping into the vehicle when you first stop and put it in Park. The rear hatch remains latched too. Learned the hard way to push the "unlock" button on the armrest before getting out to load anything.

The first day we picked up the vehicle and returned home, my little boy seemed ready to burst into tears thinking he had done something in the rear seat and we were locking him in the car!

Guess it's now second nature to hit the unlock button when shutting off the ignition. Something I didn't have to do on my Buick that I traded for this thing.
Indybell
Black over tan AWD Ltd.

AZ Freestylin'

Post by AZ Freestylin' » Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:11 am

Indybell wrote:Guess it's now second nature to hit the unlock button when shutting off the ignition.
The first week or two, it was a pain to remember to unlock the rear doors, but know its a habit as IndyBell said.
Peter

05' SEL Norsea Blue / Light Gunmetal / Shale Cloth / FWD / DVD / Moonroof / Remote Starter and other cool things.

sharpcolorado

Keyless Entry Unlocks Rear Doors

Post by sharpcolorado » Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:56 pm

Here's a tip for first-time Ford keyless entry owners:

Immediately after entering your code, press the 3-4 button, and all rear and passenger doors unlock also, including the tailgate.

That will save you from having to open the door, then unlock the rear doors for your other passengers.