If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support MyFordFreestyle.com!

Engine jerk on freeway - 6 months old Freestyle

Parichay12

Engine jerk on freeway - 6 months old Freestyle

Post by Parichay12 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:00 pm

Hi, since the month of December I have noticed engine jerks whenever I cross 2000rpm and drive for at least more than a km.. the engines starts giving continuous jerks and then loose power. It has become very frequent now. I have taken the car to service station but they are unable to idenfy what is causing it. Need help on the same. Kindly suggest I have concerns to Ford India my car was taken again by jsp ck palya Service station Bangalore.. but they are yet to identify the issue

ds32928

Re: Engine jerk on freeway - 6 months old Freestyle

Post by ds32928 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:33 am

This forum is for 2005-2007 year vehicles. Not the new version. I doubt anyone here has any experience with the newer version.

missmichelle

Post by missmichelle » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:39 pm

This section is for the 2019+ models.
I hope you find a solution but I'm wondering if it's the engine or transmission?

old barney

Post by old barney » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:22 am

Not too familiar with your fuel situation over there. But if you have unknowingly pumped in some bad gas either stale or some with water contamination it will run badly. My 2005 freestyle sat for three years here and 235,000 miles ran real crappy when I got on the interstate. I had three bad coils and two plugged injectors.
Your car is too new for bad coils but the injectors may be dirty The fuel filter maybe dirty also. Have the shop check fuel pressure at high RPM or under load.
Good luck! I changed all of my coils, plugs and all injectors.