Flashing interior lights

Vinny

Flashing interior lights

Post by Vinny » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:01 pm

Here's hoping my fellow Taurus X buddies can help on this one.

It all seemed to start when I replaced all the tire pressure monitor sensors. Then the local tire repair shop tried to 'learn' the sensors to the car computer following the Ford programming procedure. The one-by-one wheel learn didn't take so he then proceeded to plug in his monitor sensor box to my under dash OBD plug to directly connect to the car pc and the box said the learn was completed but it really wasn't since the dashboard still had the TPMS warning light and message.

The puzzling thing is that since then, all the dome lights in the car are flashing while I drive. They go out when the key is out.

Took it to the dealer and they verified that the car is not communicating with the handheld learning gizmo and want to charge me $65 PLUS to diagnose if it is the Smart junction module or the body control module or the GEM (general electronics module) If it is the module, I'm looking at maybe a $550.00 PLUS expense.

Before I ever spend a dime at the dealer, I always check with you guys.

Here's hopin' and many thanks for your input,
Vinny
2008 TREX LTD Silver Birch
4th Trex since 2011
Bought July 2018 91000km

spy1309

Re: Flashing interior lights

Post by spy1309 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:24 pm

Sorry didn t encounter this issue, even do I have a tire sensor that gives me lost signal sometimes at highway speeds.
Your best bet will be to pay the $65 for the diagnostics and then visit a junkyard and get the module you need.

Vinny

Re: Flashing interior lights

Post by Vinny » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:34 pm

Thx Spy1309: Well, you're reading my mind! Was hoping I could get more feedback before that. Like to go to the dealer armed with a bit more knowledge first.
2008 TREX LTD Silver Birch
4th Trex since 2011
Bought July 2018 91000km