Front swaybar bushings from FLEX?

airlinepilot

Front swaybar bushings from FLEX?

Post by airlinepilot » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:56 am

I am trying hard to find a solution to replace my front swaybar bushings. (2008 TX). I know it comes as a whole unit from Ford. There is no listings of swaybar bushings from MOOG or other manufacturers. I was looking at the 2009 Flex and it seems that there is a front swaybar bushing available (Moog K200520). It is a 2 pieces bushing. Did anyone tried to swap a Flex front swaybar on a Taurus-X or simply use their bushings?

My swaybar is still original with the old oem’s bushings. They are starting to show their age...

For anyone intersted in doing the back swaybar bushings, i posted in this forum a solution about 2 years ago. Please feel free to read it!

spy1309

Re: Front swaybar bushings from FLEX?

Post by spy1309 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:50 pm

I remember a guy measured them ( the sway bar ) and got some polly aftermarket ones.
Can t find the post do.

airlinepilot

Re: Front swaybar bushings from FLEX?

Post by airlinepilot » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:03 pm

I guess if you want to use poly bushings, you have to be ready to use a new bracket as well. The original bushing bracket looks like it is a one piece unit, it’s not possible to separate the bushing from the bracket. For my rear sway bar, i had to destroy and remove the old bushing bracket to install the new one supplied with the poly bushings. I am anticipating the same challenge up front. I noticed too that the front sway bar bushings are not resting directly on the crossmember. They bottom on the bracket, 1/4 ´´ above the crossmember.

I still dont get it, how come you cant just change the old bushings for new ones on this car! Its completely fool! It doesnt make sense to buy a whole new swaybar just to replace the bushings.