If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support MyFordFreestyle.com!

Taurus X Keyless Entry Code

Ford#12

Re: Taurus X Keyless Entry Code

Post by Ford#12 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:44 pm

As I recall, the Ford dealer where I purchased my X (used) just put it on the computer and re-set the code to a 5-number combination of my choosing. It took very little time. You might try another dealer. All Ford dealers are not equal.
2009 Taurus X SEL FWD
2008 Taurus X SEL AWD

mmsstar

Post by mmsstar » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:37 am

Each vehicle has it's own unique code. If you don't have the code, or can't find it on the vehicle, the dealer can recover it using their computer. You can not get the code fron the VIN#.
Once you have the factory code you can program in an additional number that would be easy to remember but the factory number will allways work.
Drove an 06 LTD FWD from July 08 to August 10, moved on to a 2011 Flex

Shantheman

Post by Shantheman » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:17 pm

I took everything off that I could find...even snapped a few plastic tabs in the process. Found stickers on the back of the fuse box, the PCM, etc etc...none of the numbers on these stickers worked.
I agree with someone's earlier comment...for the T/X...they must have changed something...it's not there.

pwschuh

Post by pwschuh » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:32 am

Ford#12 wrote:As I recall, the Ford dealer where I purchased my X (used) just put it on the computer and re-set the code to a 5-number combination of my choosing. It took very little time. You might try another dealer. All Ford dealers are not equal.

Same here. Bought the 2008 TX used and the dealer said the code was in the glove box. Got it home and no codes could be found anywhere. Took it back to the dealer and he reset it and gave me the new codes for free.
2008 TX Limited
Silver Birch Metallic/Black leather
WeatherTech floormats all rows
Bought used on 17 Nov 10 with 20,000 miles

bikebarn

Post by bikebarn » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:26 am

proud new owner of 2008 taurus x. tried some of the above with no luck. may have to try behind door panel as another member suggests, one key,no code, hope to not get locked out.

masondoctorjt

Post by masondoctorjt » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:21 pm

It doesn't seem to be written anywhere, I looked everywhere and finally called a Ford tech that I know. He said they stopped putting it anywhere. He said all they do is plug a laptop into the car to retrieve the code, and if you bought it at a dealer they are supposed to retrieve it for you for free. So the dealer wanted $20 to retrieve it, and I told them what my tech friend said, and wouldn't you know they changed their mind and did it for free.

mmsstar

Post by mmsstar » Sun May 01, 2011 5:55 am

masondoctorjt wrote:It doesn't seem to be written anywhere, I looked everywhere and finally called a Ford tech that I know. He said they stopped putting it anywhere. He said all they do is plug a laptop into the car to retrieve the code, and if you bought it at a dealer they are supposed to retrieve it for you for free. So the dealer wanted $20 to retrieve it, and I told them what my tech friend said, and wouldn't you know they changed their mind and did it for free.
.......well it is written on my 2011 Flex so unless they just decided to not put it on the T-Rex I think your freind may be mistaken.

acattoir

Post by acattoir » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:29 pm

Here's where if found the code on my newly acquired 2008 TX.
Remove the steering column cover (three vertical bolts on bottom). The top is held by spring clips, gently hinge the cover up and it should come off. To the left side is a black box that contains the fuses and other components. Looking at the box straight in toward the front of the car, the number is etched into the plastic on the edge of the box about where a group of wires enters the box. Mine began with the letter C. The numbers are about 3/8" tall and look gray against the black plastic.
Hope this helps any new code seekers.

mmsstar

Post by mmsstar » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:25 pm

.........etched? ........... usually it's just a label. That's where it was on the Freestyle and that's where it is on the Flex (through 2011 at least)

acattoir

Post by acattoir » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:33 pm

The spot where my number was located was just big enough to fit the numbers. There were also two stickers on the back of the box, I had to remove the box to see them........just part numbers and such. Anyway the code worked. Perhaps this location is unique to the 08 TX?

ghettosled

Post by ghettosled » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:32 pm

okay, so i crawled under the dash, found the fuse panel and used my mirror to search all around. i didnt see any number, stickers or decals. below is a photo. can someone please point out where to look?

acattoir

Post by acattoir » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:39 pm

I can only speak to where mine was. Looking at your picture, to the left where the wires are sitting, the number is ON THE EDGE. You can't see it from this view or with a mirror. You have to remove the steering column cover to look straight at the edge. My numbers were etched into the plastic and started with the letter C.

ghettosled

Post by ghettosled » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:43 am

thank you! i will take off the cover and have a looksy. i talked to the local dealer and they said it would be $99 to hook it up and retrieve the code.

ghettosled

Post by ghettosled » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:11 pm

thank you acattoir - it was exactly where you said. i posted a photo for others if they go looking.

the backside of the column cover if anyone is curious to see how it attached.

yes, i like to take photos...

acattoir

Post by acattoir » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:01 pm

Glad to have helped.
$99 from the dealer? I guess numbers from a computer are worth a lot more.