If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support MyFordFreestyle.com!

Taurus X Keyless Entry Code

Lil Red

Taurus X Keyless Entry Code

Post by Lil Red » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:47 pm

Greetings,
I am the proud new owner of a 2008 Tausus X. I have had it for about two weeks now and am enjoying it so far. One thing I have not been able to figure out, yet, is where to find the code for the Keyless Entry. My car didn't have a manual with it, so the dealer took one from another TX and gave it to me. So, even if there was a card, it would have been wrong. I have read all the posts for the Freestyle and other Fords. I have been under the dash, removed the fuse panel (and there were no bolts or screws, there were nylon clips that locked into a metal plate). There were two stickers on the back, but none of them with the code. I saw one post that said the sticker was on top, removed everything again, but no sticker there. Any other ideas? Did the sticker get moved to a different spot for the TX?
Thanks for any help you can give. :)

jaunty75

Re: Taurus X Keyless Entry Code

Post by jaunty75 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:43 pm

If you've looked in all the places where the code is supposed to be, I would just call or go to the dealer and have them figure it out. I don't know if they would charge for this service, but it seems your only option if the code is nowhere to be found in the car.

FordTaurus

Post by FordTaurus » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:22 am

Call the dealer for help will be the easiest! (Sorry! but cost you)

The code should be located on the back side of the fuse box or may be a computer box, whatever they called it, under the driver dash. You should not have to remove any panels or clips. You need a mirror, stick it behind the box to just read the code :wink:

p.s. I wonder will Lil Red come back to read her first post, with the recent spams attack on the forum, made reading so annoying.
Last edited by FordTaurus on Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

american.tuscani

Post by american.tuscani » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:05 am

Don't go to the dealer. They will charge you to reveal the code. i used a mirror and deciphered it backwards. The code is a five fairly large number digit code on a white sticker on top of the fuse box. The fuse box is underneath the steering column and is bolted in. You can either unscrew it (time consuming and messy) or use a flashlight and mirror while lying down in the driver side floor board to find/read it. I recommend the later. It takes some time to line up the flashlight and mirror to find it on the back of the fuse box, however. Once you see the five digit number, you'll know that what it is because the numbers are about a 1/2 inch tall and it doesn't look like a serial or part number. Remember, after you find it, you'll have to transpose the numbers because the mirror shows everything backwards. Good luck!

mmsstar

Post by mmsstar » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:18 pm

Someone here said they used a digital camera under the dash and took a picture
Drove an 06 LTD FWD from July 08 to August 10, moved on to a 2011 Flex

Lil Red

Post by Lil Red » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:41 am

Thank you for all your help. I was able to finally get the code from where I bought the car.

I had tried all the things mentioned above, but it looks different on the Taurus X. The fuse panel is mounted to a metal plate using pegs and holes. I took it off the plate and looked on the back and top. There were two stickers, but none with the code. There must have been some changes when Ford decided to rename the Freestyle to Taurus X. If someone knows where it is on the TX, then it could help others in the future.

Thanks for the nice experience with this forum!

jaunty75

Post by jaunty75 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:47 am

I was able to finally get the code from where I bought the car.
Cool. Did you have to pay anything? How did THEY get the code? (Through the VIN? Look under the dash themselves? Connected a code reader to the car and got it that way?)

Lil Red

Post by Lil Red » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:20 pm

I didn't have to pay anything. They had it written down and thought they gave it to me. They called to see how I was liking my car so far and I said everything was great. Only problem was that I didn't have that door code. They found it and all is well. I like how you can lock it by hitting the two bottom numbers. :P

A_L

Post by A_L » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:39 am

Hey if anyone with a TX can help me.... I tried to look for that code yesterday and could not find it where it is supposed to be on the Freestyle. I guess it is not the same on the TX.

Anyone knows where to find it?? Thanks!

I'll also check with the dealer where I purchased it, but I doubt they can help, it is a Subaru dealer.....
2008 T/X Limited AWD -- My other car is a wagon, too! (Subaru Forester XS, 2004)

jaunty75

Post by jaunty75 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:42 am

A_L wrote:Anyone knows where to find it??
It says where the code is located in the owner's manual (at least, it did for Freestyles). If you don't have an owner's manual, you can download one from the Ford website.

A_L

Post by A_L » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:35 am

jaunty75 wrote:
A_L wrote:Anyone knows where to find it??
It says where the code is located in the owner's manual (at least, it did for Freestyles). If you don't have an owner's manual, you can download one from the Ford website.
Yes I have the manual, it says that the code in on the owner's wallet card in the glove compartment.... I did not see it!
2008 T/X Limited AWD -- My other car is a wagon, too! (Subaru Forester XS, 2004)

jaunty75

Post by jaunty75 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:41 am

A_L wrote:Yes I have the manual, it says that the code in on the owner's wallet card in the glove compartment.... I did not see it!
No, that's not helpful. The Freestyle manual mentions that it's also printed on the "control module," but then proceeds to not tell you where that is. Have you tried calling a Ford dealer and ask?

A_L

Post by A_L » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:47 am

jaunty75 wrote:
A_L wrote:Yes I have the manual, it says that the code in on the owner's wallet card in the glove compartment.... I did not see it!
No, that's not helpful. The Freestyle manual mentions that it's also printed on the "control module," but then proceeds to not tell you where that is. Have you tried calling a Ford dealer and ask?
No not yet... there is one a couple miles from home I might just stop by and ask. Thanks!

mymaro4

Post by mymaro4 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:17 am

I had a very nice maint. guy at a Ford dealership tell me that the 08 Taurus X codes are in the drivers door. Due to company policy he couldnt retrieve it for me without charging a fortune- I can remove the panel myself- Just FYI!! My car didnt have the little card either and the dealership said they would get it for me when I bought it then back tracked and said they'd HAVE to charge me- BOOO- bad dealership!

A_L

Post by A_L » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:50 pm

Thanks Mymaro4... do you know where exactly?