If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support MyFordFreestyle.com!

Electrical Issues - '08 TX Unlimited

Gwendale

Electrical Issues - '08 TX Unlimited

Post by Gwendale » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:36 am

Just made an appotinment to have Ford fix:

- Digital readout for computer, mileage, compass which has stopped working.
- Drivers side seat heater does not work.
- Drivers side power seat "auto back" when you remove key does not always work.

Has anyone esle experienced these issues? This is ridiculous for a car that is less than 1 year old. :(

FordTaurus

Re: Electrical Issues - '08 TX Unlimited

Post by FordTaurus » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:10 pm

What was that (drivers side power seat "auto back" when you remove key) feature he talk about?

Fordophile

Post by Fordophile » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:22 pm

The "auto back" feature automatically moves the driver's seat backwards when the key is removed and moves it forward when the key is inserted. It makes exiting the vehicle MUCH easier for those of us who are "people of size."
:lol:
I don't know if this is an SEL only feature or not. The automatic seat movement has worked well for us until about 2 weeks ago. Since then, it has worked more often than not but it is still too hit or miss for us.

A second source of aggrevation for us is the memory feature on our power driver's seat. It is not always reliable. Sometimes it works perfectly but every so often it doesn't work at all.

There is no set pattern or symptoms as to why either or both of these features are so iffy. I'm taking it to the dealer tomorrow to have this checked and will report anything they find. Neither of these things are major but they are annoying considering the TX's cost.

We bought the car new in August (She Who Must Be Obeyed got her first completely new car in 18 years), traded from a 2002 Gran Marquis into something more grandchildren friendly, and have been extremely pleased with it except for these minor annoyances.

Dirk

Post by Dirk » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:57 am

My 08 TX is in today for the drivers seat not heating. This is the second time the element was replaced in the spring and worked until a few weeks ago. Annoying but not critical

tadpole

Post by tadpole » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:19 pm

I just left mine (2008 TX Ltd AWD) with the dealer to investigate an occurence which included - erratic transmission behavior accompanied by various faulty dash lights (low fuel, wrench, air bag, and tire inflation fault all lit) and non-working spedometer. Turned it off, restarted a few minutes later, electrical issues did not repeat but transmission was clunky and balky.

I also beleive I have erratic function of the programmed seat position feature, but couldn't put my finger on it. I'll have to pay closer attention.

tadpole

Post by tadpole » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:30 pm

The dealer replaced the Turbine Shaft Speed Sensor and the Engine Speed Sensor Assy, and it seems to be working. But I'd be interested to know if anyone else has similar issues and how they were resolved.

jaylee

Post by jaylee » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:49 am

I have had the "auto back" feature on my drivers seat stop working. I went to the dealer and they connected and re-connected the electric seat stuff and it's been fine ever since. I have a whole host of other issues though.

Limabean

Post by Limabean » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:28 pm

Until I read this post, I didn't know what "autoback" was. I have had my Taurus X Limited since Aug 07. I didn't notice "autoback" until about 6 months ago, mine apparently wasn't working until then. It was really annoying me and happily for me it stopped working again. I don't really like it.

ZeroBurn7

Post by ZeroBurn7 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:03 am

Well I have never had issues with my Autoback feature but they only repair to date that I have ever made was made last week. I had them replace the drivers side seat heater. I guess that is an issue.

furrylaw

Post by furrylaw » Tue May 05, 2009 8:08 am

Just picked up our new '08 T-X Saturday. Yesterday and today the driver seat memory already started failing. Given that our '07 Hybrid Escape has seen the inside of the shop exactly "0" times in 40,000 miles, I'm worried this is a bad omen.

Seems like this seat memory has caused problems for others as well. Anybody willing to share if your problem was resolved and how?

furrylaw

Post by furrylaw » Mon May 11, 2009 8:45 am

Nevermind. It only works when you're in park. he he he.

neil in ottawa

Post by neil in ottawa » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:52 am

My Taurus X Limited has 2 of the 3 features mentioned above. I eventually turned the seat feature OFF as I found it (the noise it made) most annoying. Of course maybe if I lost a bit of weight, that would have helped as it wouldn't (the motor) have had to strain as much.

As for the transmission problem, I have had it in a couple of times, they re-programmed it (they claimed there was a TSB) and it seemed fine for about a week and then it started slide-ing between gears again. It shifts way too soft for me. It doesn't slip but you can't feel the shift and in my books that means there has to be slippage there and that means WEAR and TEAR. I have extended warranty but even so it bugs me that they CANNOT make a simple computer modification to satisfy me.

Another little bug that bothers me is I hear a RRumm, RRumm sound, like a wheel or differential bearing but the dealer cannot find anything wrong and no-one else hears the noise except me. I'd be interested in finding out if others have heard a noise like this.

Other than that the Taurus is a GREAT vehicle and that is coming from an ex-Astro AWD owner. The plus side of the GM is there are programs available for making modifications to the PCM/ECM and I made a few to mine to improve the shift characteristics of the 4L80E transmission. It had over 180,000 miles on it when I sold it in April and as far as I know it is still going strong. By the way the Astro was LS1 powered.

Windsor_X

Post by Windsor_X » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:45 am

08-X , we just lost our dash mileage indicator and the driver side window auto up/down has lost functionality. The dash indicator failed by slowly fading out over the course of a week. We will be heading to dealer for warranty work. Seat auto function and memory are working flawlessly for over a year

Bugs66

Post by Bugs66 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:38 pm

Greetings,
We have a Taurus X with 54K miles. Our odometer/info center is acting weird, fading, going to red lines. Was curious if others had repaired and could share any info. Will take into dealer but was hoping for a heads up. Thanks!