If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support MyFordFreestyle.com!

CVT Issue

Jim likes catwalks

Re: CVT Issue

Post by Jim likes catwalks » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:31 pm

Hi Geoff I purchased a scan tool last summer(2018) so was able to read everything readable concerning mechatronic oil pressures etc. And with original unit all the oil pressures were within spec as they were with new to me unit so I don’t think I had any issues with any of the feed tube o rings. They always looked good to me. The only thing different was the original mechatronic unit didn’t allow me to clear the Po 942 code until the oil got up to 180 fht. Then it worked until it cooled off. Everything I read and deduced pointed to the TCM on the Mechatronic being faulty and withe the newer one it worked just fine. I actually had only ordered the TCM from the outfit in Florida but when it arrived was the whole thing. Never tried the newer TCM on original valve body because they were guaranteeing the newer one worked. Apparently the oil temperature is inferred by a resistance thingy that changes with oil temperature/pressure. Don’t know why mine started having that issue after my helicopter noise issue/repair wondered if the bits of pinion bearing that came apart that were sitting on top of TCM may have created a problem on the circuitry. Hope this helps didn’t look at this for a while hence the delay.

geoffdaddy

Post by geoffdaddy » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:08 pm

Thanks, Jim. Did your new Mechatronic unit require a trip to the dealer? I've seen a couple varying accounts of that.

CARR142

Post by CARR142 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:28 pm

I actually had only ordered the TCM from the outfit in Florida

Do you have a link to that outfit?

Tia, JEC

Jim likes catwalks

Post by Jim likes catwalks » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:27 pm

I will see if I can find it and no I didn’t need it reflashed.

Jim likes catwalks

Post by Jim likes catwalks » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:24 pm

Hi again think it was USATransmissionparts. Look up CFT30 TCM and they will come up. My phone seems to have lost all my communications with them via EMails so I just looked for the ad again.