If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support MyFordFreestyle.com!

Transmission repeating issue U0100

2005FreestyleTCM

Transmission repeating issue U0100

Post by 2005FreestyleTCM » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:26 am

2005 Freestyle, FWD, 265,000 miles, with the CVT trany. Issue is within 2-5 miles car feels like the trany is slipping (rpms increase, speed decreases, traction control and check engine lights come on and car goes into limp mode). I then pull off the road, leave the car in drive, take my foot off the throttle. The car will then vary the rpm, the indicator lights cycle on and off then remain off. This takes about 1-2 minutes then the car drives as normal. This process repeats itself every time the car is off for more than an hour or more. It does not have the helicopter noise and never has.
I have changed the throttle body, the instrument cluster, the high pressure filter and oil, reflashed the TCM, the wiring under the hood and through the fire wall looks good.
The code I continually get is U0100 Communication fault.
I'm looking for next steps.

mburns31

Re: Transmission repeating issue U0100

Post by mburns31 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:51 am

I mifht have a suggestion for you. Take the wiring harness for the transmission out and clean it really good. Get any crud off the pins and spray it with some electrical contact cleaner or 90% ISO alcohol. Let it dry completely. Then get some good dielectric grease and coat the pins. Do this on the TCM and PCM harnesses also. Check your battery cables. All the power connections going to the fuse box and relay boxes in the car. Make sure your grounds are tight and not corroded.
You know its something electrical. If that doesnt work. Thats when you might look at replacing the wiring harnesses.

Webmaster
Site Admin

Post by Webmaster » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:07 am

2005FreestyleTCM

Post by 2005FreestyleTCM » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:28 am

Thanks for the information. Update: I have checked and cleaned the wiring and found no breaks or questionable connections. I have changed the pan filter and fluid after previously changing the hi-pressure filter. The vehicle functions as it did before and throws a U1900-20/C MDTCs Can communication bus fault- receive error. This is in the ABS-Anti-Lock break/Traction Control Module. I have driven the car several days now and it is always the same. I'm thinking that it is within the software/main computer.

Any thoughts?