If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support MyFordFreestyle.com!

ABS, Traction control, Brake lights ON; no speed; data error

parthur

ABS, Traction control, Brake lights ON; no speed; data error

Post by parthur » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:45 am

Hello Guys.
I searched for over 2 days and still can not find an answer....my wife's 2005 FS AWD 100K Miles.
Brake, ABS and traction control lights are ON, No speedometer; and on the message board: odometer, traction date error. AWD LIGHT OFF (WRENCH)
Transmission no problems.... car run as normal.... but all those thing are on.

I will read codes today. I am thinking is might be due to a faulty wheel speed sensor or the ABS module.... What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance.

parthur

Re: ABS, Traction control, Brake lights ON; no speed; data e

Post by parthur » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:13 pm

Well more info, went to get the codes read and was impossible because the reader could not connect to the abs or awd system as the fuse F19 keeps on blowing.....
No check engine light or DTC codes
what do you guys think is the problem??
Please help!!!

parthur

Post by parthur » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:19 pm

No one???
Well I disconected the main electric harness from the haldex unit, put a new fuse (f19) and turned on the car..... fuse stay good, ABS and brake lights now off, no more data error on message board; parking sensors and speed gauge working now...... of course track control light still on so problem is at the haldex unit, next weekend will be changing the haldex filter and its fluid....... now a question is: Do I need to pump out the old fluid through the fill hole or because the filter will be removed, can I remove the old fluid from the filter opening??
Thanks in advance

toddsfreestyle

Post by toddsfreestyle » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:20 pm

We have the same thing going on at the same time !!! I just created a post today. I just changed my filter and fluid. Also took the pump out to see if the screen was clean and it was. Thing is my f19 fuse didn't pop until after I did this and it has only popped once so far and I have been driving it around all night. If I have to guess and I think I will have too, I would guess the pump is pulling too many amps making the fuse blow. Time will tell if mine blows again. Please let me know what you find. Read my post for more details. If you need info on how to get the pump out there are a few tricks I can share. GOOD LUCK !

parthur

Post by parthur » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:58 pm

Hello Todd...... finaly someone replies, We have been driving the FS like that too..... I disconnected the main wire at the haldex unit to have a working speedometer, but of course the track control light is on; I want to do the filter/fluid change to see if that works but not too positive it will do the trick; if that does not work then will pull the pump.
Do you know if I need to vacumm out the fluid if Im removing the filter? Not sure if it will drain through the filter opening which would be ideal in this case......
keep me posted or your progress

toddsfreestyle

Post by toddsfreestyle » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:28 pm

I am pretty sure you will have to change the pump. Its shorted and causing the fuse to pop. You can jump 12 volts and ground directly to the pump it should sound like a fast smooth humming noise if all is well. I did that and it sounded ok for about ten seconds and then it slowed down and started to growl. if you change the pump most of the fluid will drain. Otherwise you will have to suck it out .

parthur

Post by parthur » Mon May 04, 2015 6:31 pm

Hello Todd thanks for the reply, have not been able to change the pump ($) what I did, as I said I disconected the main plug coming from the module and pump together and has not short the fuse, but the other day, connected the pump but disconnected the control module and did not blow the fuse, then I did the opossite, connected the module and disconnected the pump then the fuse blew...... would that be a sign that is the mOdule instead of the pump?

Thanks in advance

Wheelman

Post by Wheelman » Sun May 10, 2015 4:52 pm

Check your brake light switch.

Watership

Post by Watership » Tue May 12, 2015 11:04 am

Bought our 07 Freestyle at end of Nov. The TC light was on but got the safety and never thought about it-assumed being on means it was working. And it did work fine through the winter.

Noticed in the spring it was still on with dry roads. Went to turn it off and yup light stayed on. Then the ABS light came on and off. Last week we heard a rhythmical thump thump thump from the rear of the car. We took it back to the Ford dealer. First they said the sensor that dispenses info from the differential-not covered by our extended warranty of course. Replaced it-still same issue. Now they said it's the $600 pump which has to be ordered.BUT it MIGHT be yet another sensor.

As of now the bill is $1500 and possibly rising. Called and complained to Ford as this seems to be a common issue. They of course didn't care.

Wheelman

Post by Wheelman » Mon May 18, 2015 5:36 pm

Why are you paying for parts and labor that didn't fix the problem? They are supposed to be professionals and that is why people seek their services. Anyone can play the guessing game which my run into thousands and not fix the problem. No fix, no pay. Take parts out cancel the labor. They should have the proper diagnostic tools and know how.

CARR142

Post by CARR142 » Tue May 19, 2015 4:57 pm

Take dealer to small claims court, after they get around to fixing it. Don't mention this to the dealer, let them hang themselves.