If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support MyFordFreestyle.com!

FORD EXTENDS WARRANTY ON THROTTLE BODY

nightflyer

Re: FORD EXTENDS WARRANTY ON THROTTLE BODY

Post by nightflyer » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:48 am

I'm about to take mine in for the TB warranty. It's gone well past the mileage, so I only have through May to get it done. We just took the intake off for the power steering, but I didn't get a chance to look at the throttle body because we were in a bit of a rush to get it fixed.
2006 FWD Ford Freestyle SEL
2004 Hyundai Sonata 2.7 V6 base

dodd911

Post by dodd911 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:32 pm

I just bought a used 2007 Freestyle today, pretty sure I won't get a letter from Ford. Any idea how a used car owner like me can get the letter here (in canada)? I read from the U.S letter that "Coverage is automatically transferred to subsequent owners" so I guess i'm covered right?

Cheers :)

JustBuryMeInMyFord

Post by JustBuryMeInMyFord » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:10 am

dodd911

Credit to WI05Freestyle; his link. First page of this thread, tenth post I think, but copied below for your convenience.

Open the .pdf file. Top pf the second page, notice to dealers. No letter required.

<PDF deleted from other site>

Cheers,
JBMIMF
JustBuryMeInMyFord
06 Freestyle Limited (present) New CVT at 118,000 miles.
03 Focus SE, 2 of them. (present)
69 Thunderbird Landau (past)
87 F150 4X2 (past)
80 Mustang Fastback (past)
74 Pinto Pony (past)

cultural infidel

Post by cultural infidel » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:32 am

Since we are not the original owners, how would we go about being covered by this? Assuming that it hasn't been done already.

EDIT: Only read page 1, and in my haste, posted before getting to page 5. My bad.

dodd911

Post by dodd911 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:54 pm

JustBuryMeInMyFord wrote:dodd911

Credit to WI05Freestyle; his link. First page of this thread, tenth post I think, but copied below for your convenience.

Cheers,
JBMIMF
I did saw that and thanks for posting the link. However the letter is destined to all U.S Ford and Lincoln dealers and I'm in Canada :C
I tried to find a letter for the Canadian dealers to no avail

ytiger

Post by ytiger » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:54 am

Canucks can try calling 1-888-222-7814 which is Canadian Ford "Customer Relationship Centre" in concern with Customer Satisfaction Program 12N03 with your VIN# ready.

Chetallica

Post by Chetallica » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:48 am

knowitall wrote:
Chetallica wrote:I had my TB replaced about two years ago (non-Ford repair shop I deal with) as cleaning was not solving the problem.

Has anyone approached a Ford dealership with a recipe of previous TB replacement to see what the actual responses would be?
Do not replace!

Clean the T.B. first and see if symptom go away.
Clening did not work at all. So I went ahead and replaced (note this was two years ago). I was in the shop with my tech watching the codes come down and then we ran a voltage test and the card on the TB was dead. So my prob was well beyond the cleaning situation. Hope no one else has this problem...
'05 Freestyle SEL (Surfwagon!)
'72 Gran Torino Sport

finndawgII

Post by finndawgII » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:22 pm

Received my check from Ford yesterday for $495 for the throttle body I replaced myself.
Includes the $150 dollars for the first trip to the dealer to diagnose the problem. They just updated the computer and of course couldn't get the "surge" problem at the time. Two months later the throttle body crapped out.
So my suggestion is if you can, by all means try to get $ back for this.
Good luck fellow freestylers!

piratepress

Post by piratepress » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:45 pm

finndawgII, thanks for the heads up on this. I'm sending in my receipt for the throttle body. While I'm still out $4000 for the CVT, every little bit helps. For others who want to claim a refund for purchasing a throttle body prior to the recall, you can mail your name, address, receipt, vin#, etc. to the address below:

Ford Motor Company
PO Box 6251
Dearbon, MI 48121

Processing can take up to 60 days before you receive your check.
2006 Freestyle SE FWD [SOLD] 3-22-06 to 2-3-15
Ford Freestyle Helicopter Club Ex-Presidente

WGRoper

Post by WGRoper » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:57 pm

I'm happy to report that I received a reimbursement check today for the throttle body I had replaced myself a couple of years ago and a firmware flash back in November to finally fix the issue. A total of $474.21. I'm glad to see Ford stepping up finally on an 8 year old car. It has restored my faith in the company.
05 Freestyle SEL Norsea Blue/Gray

CactusCat

Post by CactusCat » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:34 am

brijack515 wrote:At Last!!!

Ford has extended the warranty on the Ford Freestyle THROTTLE BODY SURGE PROBLEM. For most cars, it is now 10 years and 150,000 miles or if you have exceeded the mileage, you will have until May 2013.

I received my letter today. The warranty extension is vehicle specific by VIN and the letters are addressed to the registered owner to that VIN.

More to follow.
2006FS1.pdf
2006FS2.pdf
Sure glad I checked in and read up on this. I replaced the TB on my 2006 FFS in 2011 at my own expense. Ordered the part off fleabay and installed myself in 15 minutes at 10pm at night holding a flashlight in my mouth while wrenching! Anyway, I'm WAY over the mileage limit (193K and going on) and would really like to get reimbursed for my expenses. We'll see...

piratepress

Post by piratepress » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:44 am

WGRoper wrote:I'm happy to report that I received a reimbursement check today for the throttle body I had replaced myself a couple of years ago and a firmware flash back in November to finally fix the issue. A total of $474.21. I'm glad to see Ford stepping up finally on an 8 year old car. It has restored my faith in the company.
WGRoper, just curious how long did it take for you to receive your check after you mailed in your receipt? I'm still waiting on mine.

sweath

Post by sweath » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:33 am

I called my Ford dealer to set up an appointment and he told me that since this is an intermitted issue I would have to pay $125.00 for a diagnostic charge. If they did see this could have been the cause of the problem then it would be covered with no fee. I think I know how this will go down I go in, they do not see the issue, they charge me, then I die in a crash later. At least my wife will have grounds for a lawsuit. Toy companies service their products and I do not have to wait for my child to choke to death. Seems like a scam, has anyone had theirs serviced yet? They should just clean the throttle body and reprogram then send you on your way, and if they see another issue let you know.

Lately I have had an issue of surging at highway speeds and recently I had the "limp mode" all corrected by restarting and warming it up a little more if it is to cold. I think it might be time for a new car.

2005 Freestyle SEL
110,000 Miles
Issues self-fixed- Front stabilizers, AC, and roll resistor (Volvo replacement)

piratepress

Post by piratepress » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:33 pm

sweath wrote:Lately I have had an issue of surging at highway speeds and recently I had the "limp mode" all corrected by restarting and warming it up a little more if it is to cold. I think it might be time for a new car.
Judging by the poor resale of the Freestyle, you might want to try cleaning the throttle body yourself and see if that corrects the problem. However, if the surging is being caused by the CVT as it was in my case, you might want to get a new car before it costs you an arm and a leg to fix it!

Africa_FS_07

Post by Africa_FS_07 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:28 pm

sweath wrote:......I think I know how this will go down I go in, they do not see the issue, they charge me, then I die in a crash later. At least my wife will have grounds for a lawsuit. Toy companies service their products and I do not have to wait for my child to choke to death. Seems like a scam......
hilarious :lol:
i wonder who "Voodoo Bob of the Dead Poets Society" is hounding now.....:mrgreen: